Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sanctified Through The Truth

Peace and union can be sustained in only Jesus' doctrine and example.  Jesus showed us how to obtain unity with men and even prayed that we would be one even as God is one. In his prayer, John 17:17-26, Jesus prayed that His disciples and all those that believe on Him through their word would be one. I want the blissful harmony found when brethren agree as the Father, Son, and Spirit agreed. That is what I believe this prayer teaches us about fellowship. We have only one option for true unity and that is in Christ, the truth. Charity promotes unity. Every statement I make with my tongue or my hands that does not comport with Christ must be abandoned. Sanctification is a process not for the impatient. I love the fellowship with brethren who agree to strive for the same standard of truth, but have no desire to associate with those who value being right more than understanding, or are more comfortable with their own habits than following the example of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment