Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Leadership

Monday and Tuesday were very long and busy days. That is a good thing because I feel like it was productive.

Funny how there is a difference between learning something by word and learning something by practice. I know many things about leadership, but am just now learning some basic things by experience. Being a leader requires one to be involved in the decisions of people for whom he is responsible. I took that for granted until I realized that my own good decisions are no longer sufficient. It's natural to care about the results of junior people's decision; it's an entirely different challenge to effectively intervene for the better. May God give me the eyes to see the way my people take, the discretion to judge between good and bad, the courage to take action, and the wisdom to do it rightly. I am miserably inadequate but have the desire to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment