Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful for leave to be with family

I've just enjoyed two weeks of leave where I was blessed to be with my entire family, including grandparents. I flew out of San Diego in a blaze of chaos and met up with the prettiest girl I know, who rode with me from Oklahoma City to Ozark, to spend family day with me and my family. We ate good food, played games, and exchanged gifts. Why did God bless me with so many blessings? I have more than I can ever appreciate. I received a cute, personalized coffee mug with the faces of my neices and nephews between red, white and blue stars and stripes. Best gift ever. The next weekend I went to Washington, OK to meet her family and attend the annual meeting of Bethlehem PBC in Purcell. I had the best time with everyone. The whole weekend I felt at home. By Sunday I was surprised when I remembered I had met these people only Thursday. There are truly no finer folks anywhere.
I am amazed and very pleased that this girl sacrificed her sleep to ride with me across the state of OK to be with my family















I am going to try to keep a blog so that all my friends can keep up with how I am and what I am up to in the service. I am excited for what my future holds. All glory is the Lord's.

No comments:

Post a Comment