Saturday, July 30, 2016

I Praise God

What is the most inherent, essential belief you have?  God is alive and righteous.  How can my existence be possible?  God is eternal and wise.  My Heavenly Father is inherently worthy of my praise.  This is the basis of my understanding of this world and for that I have no apology.

God created the universe and life for his pleasure.  Our senses and the physical mediums whereby we experience and learn were given to us.  I will honor the Creator by giving Him the credit for that gift. The Holy Spirit has given me spiritual life, allowing me to praise a spiritual God with carnal lips and a mortal tongue. So I will.  The beauty of music and the joy of singing are gifts with which we are commanded to praise our Lord and admonish our brethren.  So I will.  I will sing the virtue of the Lord, because He has done all things well.

Jesus lived humbly. He was poor by worldly standards, yet he gave his life serving the poor, healing the sick, and speaking truth to all. Jesus wept.  Jesus was reviled and forsaken.  Jesus suffered.  Should we expect better from this temporary, mortal frame?  The cross represents shame and sufferings.  To fulfill our duty to Christ, we must despise the applause, own the reproach, and bless the Lord now, with our life.  Christ Jesus, of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.  He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.  Christ is the first-fruit of the resurrection.  He shall return and collect our bodies--His purchased possession.

The Bible is not the reason I believe, but it testifies of the reason.  The Bible is an inspired witness to the dealings of God with men.  A revelation in our language of His truth and will.  We should value it.  It is no wonder it is despised by the vast majority of those considered wise in this world (that no flesh should glory in God's presence).  The simplicity of the Truth is a stumbling block to the religiously wise and foolishness to the secularly wise.  But to the called it is Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment