Thursday, March 28, 2013

Back to Work

I had a good flight back to my ship. It took me a week to get used to the drastic time change of being on the other side of the world. Standing officer of the deck underway was very rewarding. I feel like I am getting things accomplished and not too stressed. I thank the Lord for his mercy and goodness.

I feel like it is such an advantage in life to have a purpose--for there to be a reason to live and to live well. Too many people, I'm afraid, don't see a big picture like I am blessed to see, and have to create or borrow a purpose in life. Anyone who isn't a fool can see it's better to have a purpose and for things to matter, but it's even a better blessing to have a good reason and authority to believe. Arbitrary worldviews are unstable.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think he shall receive anything of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
James 1:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment